Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Le UN -- or FRONT COVER GAGA

As befits the first surge of spring, there's been much activity my end. Pollen notwithstanding. Here's some of it:

I'm happy to say that this month I have 2 front cover stories on the stands... how quaint does that sound!....one on BETH DITTO for OUT and one essay on David Byrne for FADER.... here's Beth in all her glory of every kind...

http://www.out.com/detail.asp?id=25015

I haven't got a link for the Byrne piece, but Fader's editor Julianne Shepherd encouraged a return to the old-school more free-flowing, less rigid style of writing the aesthetic I came up in in the UK rock press when it was a vibrant force and trained a whole generation of writers...

Also WORD magazine in the UK, edited by charming Mark Ellen, ran a piece on musicians lecturing and there's an interview with me plus a pic of me reading from THE BOOK of EXODUS to the audience at NY's Fillmore, before Family Man's WAILERS came onstage.... and here's a link to that reading...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y60QbvTeYNw

Special one love shout-outs to Pete Shelton, Charlie Shelton, Charles Nuckolls and Joly of punkcast.com for working with me like family to make it happen.